A Practical Guide to Lectio Divina (Spiritual Reading)
- Choose a text of Scripture to read. It doesn’t have to be long!
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. (Solitude)
- Quiet your heart and mind in the best way you know how. (Silence)
- Then slowly read the passage once.
- Reflect on the passage. What is the Lord saying to you through it? Rest in God’s presence.
- Read the passage again.
- Respond to God’s Word. What would you like to say to God in the light of this passage?
- What do you feel the Lord is calling you to do based on this passage? How and when will you follow-through?
- Go on with your daily tasks, meditating on God’s Word as you go.